I know I've been super MIA but that's what makes writing this post so incredibly uplifting and encouraging. I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which is a peer recognition award for bloggers who inspire positivity and joy!
I am over the moon and so thankful to Stralthy, a health, beauty, and lifestyle blogger who nominated me over Twitter yesterday. Go check out her blog here, she writes amazing posts covering everything from monthly beauty favourites to an open letter to anxiety (a personal favourite read!).
So let's get our teeth stuck into this juicy lil' nomination, as with all peer recognition here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions different from the ones you’ve answered
- List the rules.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or blog site.
1. What is your zodiac sign? Do you identify with it?
I'm an Aquarius, and arguably a little ashamed to say I totally identify with it. Only ashamed because rationally I know that my "fate" can't be identified by an arbitrary sign, but then again when my current boyfriend and I started dating I totally checked to make sure our star signs were compatible... (spoiler alert: they are!)
2. Name 2 books that truly impressed you.
The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. The first painted a picture of the ocean in a way that I still to this day dream about, and the second grounded me in reality and constantly reminds me why I cannot let the bastards grind me down.
3. Tell me 3 apps from your phone that you think are very useful.
Reddit - I'm subscribed to a bunch of great subreddits that keep me in the loop about everything from world news to puppies who like magic.
Citymapper - like Google Maps but more city specific. It gives you everything from which routes to take on public transport to how much it'll cost you to take an Uber. It's perfect for avid travellers, who frequent big cities!
Clue - it's my period app and oh boy, if you're a person with a period, Clue has honestly been the most accurate at predictions and the most thorough with symptom tracking! It also emails you with interesting developments in cycle science.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I couldn't think of a niche I wanted to go into because all I really wanted to do was make stuff and put it out into the world. I have also had blogs in the past, which didn't have my name in it and therefore felt removed from me. So, my name + making stuff became Soph.Creates!
5. Do your friends/family know about your blog / others social media? (if yes, what do they think about it, if no why did you decide to keep it private)
My friends and family know about it! They think it's cool that I have a hobby and are pretty supportive of it all. I think the friends I have on social media are aware that it's a lot more than an online diary of sorts and I probably get a handful of "why is she being such a tryhard", but I try and turn a blind eye to it because I genuinely enjoy writing and sharing my life with the world.
6. If you could skip the next 5 years, would you do it? Explain your answer.
No! I just graduated from University and for the first time in my life, I feel like I'm truly free to make decisions that I want to make, rather than need to. I also feel like your early twenties are a time for people to travel and explore their hobbies and really grow into their adult selves, which I am really looking forward to doing.
7. What animal do you wish you could transform into and why?
I would transform into a sea otter because not only is that my patronus, but they're one of the few furry animals that loves the water.
8. Favorite quote?
"Keep Moving Forward". Walt Disney's favourite quote and the tagline to my favourite film Meet the Robinsons.
9. What did you dream to be when you were little?
I wanted to be a Princess Dog Walker who worked part time at a zoo as a vet/zookeeper and part time as a palaeontologist at the national history museum.
10. Any advice you would like to share with smaller bloggers?
Just keep doing you! I'm by no means a big blogger in the slightest, but you're better off being yourself and having a solid group of quality fans than trying to be someone that you're not and constantly feeling like you need to appease your mass hoard of quantity fans.
11. Answer truly: are you happy?
Hell yeah! I'm living my best life right now, I'm super excited to start my first grown up job, live in my first flat away from home and potentially become a foster kitten momma. Life's good.
- Clementine Rose from Clemloves
- Soph Isobel from Soph Isobel
- Katie and Harry from Nerds, Numbers, Natterings
- Yasmin from Vogue Mode Blog
- Niamh from Niamh R Blogs
- Ruth from Ruth in Revolt
- Rach from Fierce Feminist Thoughts
- Naomi from Tralisty
- Chloe Jade from Heyy It's Chloe Jade
- Emily from Yes Whale
- Bexa from Hello Bexa
- What's your favourite colour and why (or why not, if you haven't got one)?
- What's one thing you've learned about yourself through blogging?
- Does social media drain or inspire you?
- If your house was on fire and you could save one object, what would you save?
- Where was the last place you travelled to?
- What are your other hobbies?
- If you were given the option to go to space for £1,000,000, would you go?
- What is something you've done that you're proud of?
- What is your dream job?
- Best feel-good film ever?
- What would you learn, if you could learn anything?
To the nominated bloggers, thanks for being a dose of positivity on my feeds every day and I can't wait to read your answers. To my darling readers, consider yourself nominated and please share your answers with me in the comments! I'd love to hear what you all have to say.
Thanks for sticking around through the many hiatuses and until next time,
Love Soph xxx